2014 - NUTRACEUTICALS MARKET - INDIA
For the purposes of this study, the Nutraceutical market is divided into the following categories:
- Dietary health supplements (DHS)- Products taken orally that contain one or more ingredients (as vitamins or amino acids) intended to supplement one's diet.
- Functional food (FF)–The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) defines “functional foods,” processed or formulated food to satisfy dietary requirements in order to treat specific diseases and disorders or certain physical or physiological conditions.
- Functional beverage (FB)–Beverages with added ingredients, such as herbs, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, additional raw fruit or vegetables that claim to provide specific health benefits.
Some of the companies featured: Herbalife, British Biologicals, Himalaya Drug Company, Pfizer India, Dabur, Amway, Nutricia, Abbot Nutrition, Baidyanath, Parry's Wellness, Emami/Zandu, Heinz, GSK Consumer Healthcare, PepsiCo Food, Danone Grouppe, Mother Dairy, Amul, Yakult Danone, Red Bull, Naturell, Britannia and many others.
This report provides an overview of the Nutraceutical market in India, latest trends, growth drivers and
challenges being faced by the industry. This report captures the following information:
Indian Nutraceutical Market –Market Size, Growth Rate, Forecast 2011-2019
Market Analysis: Functional Food, Functional Beverage, and Dietary Supplements
- The methodology used for formulating market trend projections is outlined below.
- Historical trends were determined through secondary research and Verify Markets in-house database.
- Secondary research was conducted. A list of key industry participants was put together.
- Telephonic interviews were conducted. Most of the leading participants across the country were contacted.
- Bottom up methodology was used to calculate the market size.
- Market drivers and restraints were built into the forecasting model to estimate the revenue growth and market size figures.
Profiles of Interviewees: Vice Presidents, Marketing Managers, Business Development Managers, Brand Managers, CEO’s (for smaller companies). Most of the primary interview data was captured.
All reports are delivered in PDF via email within 1-12 hours of purchase. If immediate assistance is needed, please call +1.210.595.9687 and someone will help you right away.
Every report purchase comes with 1 hour of Analyst Inquiry Time for a phone call with our analysts. This can be used for strategic advice, consultation, or addressing issues in your business and linking them to a solution. Analyst Inquiry Time must be used within 45 days of report purchase.