2013 - INDIAN LIGHTING CONTROL AND SYSTEMS MARKET
A comprehensive analysis of the Indian Lighting Control and Systems Market. For the purposes of this research, lighting control and systems are defined as energy saving components used to control light output either manually or automatically.
[Published January 2013]
For the purposes of this research, lighting control and systems are defined as energy saving components used to control the light output either manually or automatically. The lighting control and systems market consists of lighting control gears and lighting control devices integrated to form a system.
Lighting Control Gears
- Lighting control gears are used is to limit and stabilize the current in an electrical circuit, increase efficiency, ensure continuous operation of the lamp, provide ignition voltage, reduce/eliminate flicker and noise.
- Gas discharge lamps, such as the fluorescent, metal halide, mercury vapor and sodium, require a control gear to ignite it and keep a regular flow of electric current inside it.
- On the basis of technology, lighting control gears are broadly classified as electromagnetic control gears (electromagnetic ballasts) and electronic control gears (electronic ballasts). Electromagnetic ballasts employ copper coils and transformers to run a lamp, whereas electronic ballasts use state-of-the-art printed circuit boards.
- In India, typical manufacturing range for electromagnetic ballasts is 8 to 2,000 watts and for electronic ballasts is 8 watts up to 450 watts.
- Electronic control gears are further sub-divided into dimmable ballasts and non-dimmable ballasts.
- The dimmable ballasts can be an analog or digital type.
Lighting Control Devices
- Lighting control devices are comprised of various sensors, user interfaces and control modules that together form a lighting control system.
- Sensors include occupancy sensors (ultrasonic, passive infrared or dual technology type), day light sensor, and photo sensors.
- User interfaces include touch screen panels, switches, push buttons, and remote controls.
- Control modules include dimmer modules, relay modules, interface modules (GSM, DESKTOP/L A PTOP, building automation systems), and a power supply.
- Front-end devices include sensors and user interfaces.
- Back-end devices include control modules.
The market research report is a thorough analysis of the Lighting Controls and Systems Market. The report includes market size, market drivers, market restraints and a forecast. The study segments the market by the associated definitions above.
All reports are delivered in PDF via email within 1-12 hours of purchase. If immediate assistance is needed, please call +1.210.595.9687 and someone will help you right away.
Every report purchase comes with 1 hour of Analyst Inquiry Time for a phone call with our analysts. This can be used for strategic advice, consultation, or addressing issues in your business and linking them to a solution. Analyst Inquiry Time must be used within 45 days of report purchase.